In 2022, USCIS began the process of expanding Premium Processing for EB-1C and EB-2 Petitions. For more information on this, please see our previous article: https://patel-law-group.local/uscis-expands-premium-processing-for-certain-eb-1c-and-eb-2-niw-applications/
Now in 2023, USCIS is completing its Premium Processing expansion for the EB-1C and EB-2 classifications. Starting January 30, 2023, a Premium Processing request (Form I-907) can be filed with USCIS for:
- All pending EB-1C and EB-2 petitions; and
- All initially filed EB-1C and EB-2 petitions.
In addition, USCIS plans on making further expansions throughout the rest of the year. These include:
- March 2023: Premium Processing may be requested for F-1 students seeking Optional Practical Training (OPT) or STEM OPT that have pending I-765, application for employment Authorization.
- April 2023: Premium Processing may be requested for F-1 students seeking Optional Practical Training (OPT) or STEM OPT initially filing their I-765 application.
- May 2023: Premium Processing may be requested for student and exchange visitors with a pending form I-539, application to extend/change nonimmigrant status.
- June 2023: Premium Processing may be requested for student and exchange visitors initially filing their form I-539 application.
Note that USCIS is expected to announce specific dates for some of these expansions in February 2023. The rest shall be announced later this year.
We will continue to keep you updated as the expansion process progresses. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions, at firstname.lastname@example.org.